Friday, February 17, 2017
Friday, November 4, 2016
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
- Beckham started waking up only once a night! The first time he did it we kept checking on him to make sure he was breathing. He even slept through the night a few times but he only did it a few times and stopped. He normally wakes up between 12 and 2 to eat and he goes back to sleep until about 6. Nixon is working on sleeping better. He sleeps great on his first stretch, from about 7:30/8-12/1. After that though he wakes up every 2-3 hours, sometimes every hour. That first stretch is glorious and we are beyond grateful for it!
- One day we were extremely bored and I had forgotten a few grocery items thanks to mom brain so we made a trip to target to pick up a few things. They did great! They love riding in their stroller and we didn't hear a single peep from them the whole time we were there. We haven't ventured out to the store again but I bet we will soon. We're all getting a little cabin fever, they get bored and fussy from always being home. Anytime we go out they are much happier when we return home.
- We took the boys out on date night with us to Bajio. We ate outside to avoid all the germs. They didn't last very long and we actually ended up bringing most of our meal home. It was good to get out even if it didn't go exactly as we planned. I am learning to not have plans or expectations.
- We went hiking in Rock Canyon-- even if it was only 30 minutes-- with some family. Can you even call 30 minutes a hike?? We put the boys in their solly wraps, they immediately fell asleep and stayed asleep until we put them back in their car seats to come home.
- We got a 5 hour date while the boys were with Kelli (one of our NICU nurses) and her daughter Baylie. We went to the temple and to dinner. We also went to test drive a SUV, we haven't pulled the trigger to buy one yet but we will soon. Kelli and her daughter come to babysit twice a month. Kelli will text me when she knows her work schedule with dates she can come. I used to only pick one day but her and her daughter insist we pick two days to let them come, I honestly think they like watching the boys more than we like the break!
- We took Nixon and Beckham to meet their great grandma Gray. She lit up when she saw them for the first time. It was so special to see them together.
- Bobby blessed the boys on Saturday October 29. We reserved the relief society room at our church and blessed them there and had dinner after. Bobby did such a great job on their blessings. I am so grateful that Bobby holds the priesthood and was able to bless them. My parents were able to FaceTime us so they were able to witness the blessings along with us. When they were born it was hard to believe that we would make it to this point. Blessing them brought on so many emotions.
- The boys finally know that a bath means it's time to go to bed. They both love getting a bath. They even like getting lotion on after. Nixon HATES getting dressed after lotion though, he cries so loud, we're not sure if it's because he doesn't like getting dressed or because he's hungry. Once we start feeding them they both start closing their eyes with satisfaction. Lately we've gotten them both to bed by 8. Normally they go to bed between 7:30 and 8.
- They have both become little talkers. Nixon is more vocal than Beckham most days. There was one morning where I had them laying next to each other and Nixon was staring at Beckham and cooing, it was like he was trying to get his attention. Beckham didn't coo back but he did touch Nixon even if it was just accidental.
- They love sitting up, most of the time if they are fussy they want one of three things. Either to lay on the ground to play, to sit up on our laps, or to eat. They love to sit facing out to look at any and everything, that is except each other. We try to sit them across from each other but they avoid looking at each other at all cost. It's kind of funny how much effort they put into looking away from each other.
Saturday, October 1, 2016
I can't believe that the boys are 4 months old. They are starting to stay awake more during the day and sleep a tiny bit more at night. They both love when you talk to them and they both smile and coo. These boys are so much work but we couldn't imagine life without them now.